If you have hard water, you’re spending more than you need to on soaps, detergents, and cleaners. And you can face a constant battle with dry skin and dull lifeless hair, not to mention stained fixtures, clogged plumbing, and damaged appliances.
We provide advanced, reliable protection against the numerous problems that hard water can pose in your household. Our durable and efficient softeners are the best solution to the poor water quality that affects many residents of the Okanagan.
The Benefits of a Water Softener:
- Reduces soap residue on clothes and skin
- Improves the sheen in your hair
- Gives you silky-smooth skin, and brightens your clothes
- Makes household cleaning easier and less expensive
- Reduces soap scum and scaling, and decreases the use of costly detergents
- Improves water flow and reduces scale deposits in your pipes
- Reduces water heating bills
- Reduces hard water scaling of appliances and plumbing
The Water Softener Process:
Our Water Softeners use an ion exchange system. In this system, hardness ions (calcium and magnesium) are exchanged for salt (sodium) ions. The exchange takes place within the resin tank of the water softener. When water flows through the tank it comes in contact with small resin beads that are covered with salt ions. As water flows through the resin beads, hardness ions trade places with salt ions, and the hardness is removed.
As larger volumes of water are softened, the beads become exhausted and contain nothing but hardness ions. The beads are recharged by reversing the process. A brine rinse exchanges the hardness ions with salt ions, flushes the excess minerals into your drain, and the beads are ready to do their job again. This is an automated process. All your have to do is add salt to your brine tank.